In 2013 & 2014, Changing Relations managed Durham One Billion Rising events set up to challenge the prevalence of violence against women.
Creating a 3-month festival which included:
- Dance choreographed by an emerging dancer;
- working with 227 girls across the youth service;
- a programme of performance poets, clowns, comedians and musicians interspersed with speeches by experts;
- an emerging artist’s photographic exhibition reaching 1514 visitors at Darlington Crown Street Gallery;
- and a touring exhibition celebrating motherhood.
It was during this time, we also developed The Women’s Voices Project, showcasing work-in-progress performances at Durham Gala Theatre, Durham County Hall, Darlington Dolphin Centre and Durham Adult Learner’s Award Ceremony; before moving on to develop our first pilot performance of Playing House.